So I thought I would let you in on our night-time routine and tell you something the Lord did for me right after Evan was born. -- He loves getting his bath --- he just lays there and looks at me like, "Mommy please let me stay in here longer...."- I can't wait until he gets older and plays with all of those bath toys that I have waiting for him in his closet.
- So for the Story- when we brought Evan home from the hospital- I was really nervous about night-time. I had a really nice bassinet that did all kinds of tricks- had music, vibrated, had a mobile - I thought for sure he would just lay there all night and sleep soundly! WRONG! Those first few nights were very hectic- I think he wanted to get up about every hour. Well, I have a friend who I talk to almost daily who had a baby 4 weeks ahead of me and was also a new mom. She asked me if I had heard of the "Swaddler"- and I hadn't. Basically it is a blanket that fastens around the baby so they feel swaddled like they were in the hospital. She said it worked really good for her baby so I decided to try it- I was desperate. So at 10 o'clock that Saturday night with Evan about a week old and me- who was still recovering from child birth- decided to load the family in the car and go to Target for that "Swaddler." Of course when I get there- they are all out- and then we go to Wal-Mart- they are gone too...... that was a sad night for me. The next day I told mom about this and we looked it up on the internet and we were going to order one but it would take 1 week. At that time 1 more week of getting up every hour seemed like the death sentence- so to say the least I was pretty down. That night after church Myron came home with a gift from a lady in our church. I really hadn't even expected a gift from this person- but I know the Lord used her to help me- you guessed it- it was a "Swaddler." She had purchased it the day earlier at Babies R Us in Raleigh-- I can't tell you how excited I was- me and mom couldn't believe that the Lord answered my prayer without me even praying about it. Isn't the Lord so good to give us things we need when sometimes we don't even pray for them? And yes, he loves his "Swaddler."
2 comments:
Julie, I am so proud of you for starting a blog, or should I say proud of Myron for allowing it :-) JJ
Evan is so precious and you are the perfect mommy! I will enjoy keeping up with little Evan this way. Love ya!
Thanks so much Julie for posting on the blog. I'm a bona fide blog stalker....I read so many of them. It's really an unobstrusive way of reading about your life and your baby without having to keep bothering people for the details! I had never heard about the Swaddler until Jody started using it with Caily.....she slept through the night from a very early age with it. I guess it makes the baby feel secure and not have a "startle" reflex. Anyway, keep your journal going...and I enjoyed the Swaddle story....it's so wonderful how the Lord knows all about our needs and delights in meeting them and taking care of us! Love you!
Post a Comment