Thursday, March 31, 2011

I HEART my church! Come Visit US!!

I have attended my church for 27 1/2 years! We moved here when I was 6 months old when my dad took the job as Principal of our Christian School. I had the privilege of attending FCA from k-4 - 12th grade. I also was so honored to receive my Elementary Education degree (from Southeastern FWB College) and go back to my school as a 3rd grade teacher!! My husband was on staff while we were dating and he has been an assistant pastor/missions director for 11 years now. My husband directs "Faith Missions" where he organizes/oversees all of the missionaries that our church sends out! Now that I am a stay-at-home-mom, I teach piano part time at our school and love it! We love pouring our life into the ministry and we love the many roles the Lord has given us as we serve Him.

There are many reasons why I love our church. So many. One of the main reasons is our Pastor and his wife. Our church has been blessed to have only 2 pastors in its many years of existence. He has always preached the Word and has never fallen when so many others have. He is the BEST Preacher that I know. *besides my hubby!=)* He and his wife are dear friends of ours and we love them so much! I also love our music ministry! Wow- our church has been blessed through the years with so much talent. More than just their talent, their love for the Lord is what I am blessed by. Our church is a multi-ministry church with many programs and small groups that will be a fit just for you! We have 15 or more bus routes that go out each week to bus many families into church on Sunday morning!My husband and I also love the opportunity to teach a young couples class (2.4.1). The Lord gave us the opportunity to start this class 2 years ago and it has been one of the most rewarding ministries that we have served in. What a blessing to see young couples saved, baptized, and growing in Him. They have also become some of our closest friends, and we love each one of them and pray for them daily. I also look forward to our Girls Night Out each month!! I also love our M2M group which was started this year. This was started as a community group sponsored by our church for the purpose of helping families grow in the Lord one Mom/Wife at a time. We our now studying "The Power of a Positive Mom!" Each week we enjoy a different speaker (usually a woman from our church), refreshments, discussion, prayer time, and a practical session to help us "grow our homes!" Plus, we have free child care!! We have seen SO many results from this ministry. God has brought numerous families to our church all because they attended our m2m group! We also love to get together for playdates and meet for lunch! What a blessing to be a part of our m2m group!! Come join us!!


If you live in my area, please visit our church (http://www.faithfwbc.com/)! I promise you there is not a better one around!


Joining in with Kelly's Korner- show us your church!!


(will be back to regular posting soon! I couldn't pass up an opportunity to tell others about our church!)

No comments: