




Excuse This House
Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there,
Ours boasts it quite openly,
The signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges are on the doors.
I should apologize, I guess,
For toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with my children
And we played and laughed and read.
And if the doorbell doesn't shine,
Their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose
The one job or the other,
I'd like to cook and clean and scrub,
But first I'll be a mother.
Author Unknown
I read this on another blog that I read. It really sums up how I feel sometimes about being a stay-at-home-mom/wife. Too many times I am overwhelmed with the dishes, laundry, and little projects that I forget my main job. My main job is to raise these two precious souls for God's Glory and to nurture their souls, teach them, and play with them ALL day!! How much fun is that. Yes, my house does stay clean most of the time...because I can't stand it any other way. BUT I will not let myself feel guilty for spending "extra" time with my boys. One day my boys will be gone, but the cleaning will ALWAYS be here.
2 comments:
I love this! Thanks for sharing. It's good to be reminded of what really matters most!
Hello Miss Julie,
I am Heidi Schatz friend. Thank you for sharing this poem. I am so gulity of forgetting to pause and truly remember the blessings of my little ones. May the LORD bless you and your beautiful family as you serve our LORD and Saviour.
In Him,
Brittany
Post a Comment