Monday, July 28, 2008

I Love being Evan's Mommy....


I can't even explain how much I love Evan. It's a love that only a mom can understand. If you have a little boy and have never read the book, "Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury--you really need to. It talks about how we always seem to remember the "firsts" that our babies do- their first smile, their first toothe, their first steps and so on. But we seem to forget about their "lasts" until its too late to really hold on to it. Evan has already had some "lasts" and its sad that he is growing up so fast. - his last newborn sleeper, his last size 0 shoe, his last time in the newborn sling for his bath tub,his last size 1 diaper, his last time to want to be swaddled- I get excited about all of those "firsts" too- but those "lasts" are something that I want to remember. I love every moment spent with Evan- there is nothing like seeing that sweet smile when you pick him up from his crib in the morning.....or cuddling with him before he goes down at night. There is nothing I would rather do than to be Evan's mom (and Myron's wife!) and I am so grateful that I get to spend each day with him. I can't wait to see him ride his first bike with training wheels, or catch a baseball with his dad, or say his first prayer, or even take those first steps- but I need to remember that everyday there is a last - and I need to cherish each one.

Me and My little boy...





Looking so cute at 3 months old....

3 comments:

janethaas said...

Julie, your post was beautiful and made me cry. You're right -- Evan is growing up so fast---just as all of you did. It's such a joy to see you loving every moment with him. He has brought so much joy to our lives. God is good!! We absolutely love being grandparents!!! Can't you tell? ha
Love to all of you, Mom
P.S. When can I keep him next?? ha

Donnie and Trudy Miles said...

Julie, I can't believe how Evan seems to change with each post. That was a cute "feet" picture. I had never thought about the "lasts"...that really makes you think and be thankful for each day. Thanks for posting on David and Haley's blog (and thank you, too, Aunt Janet)....it's great to be able to connect with family like this. Love you! Aunt Trudy

Donnie and Trudy Miles said...

I also forgot to mention Julie, that I love to hear the music while I'm looking at pictures and reading the captions. I'm listening to "You Raise Me Up"....very pretty.