
We have recently started a mom2mom group here at Faith Church. Its been a joy to see our group grow in number but most importantly in the Lord. When I first had a desire to see this group begin, I really had a burden to help young families. I wanted this Bible Study group to give them tools to help develop a strong foundation in the Lord. But honestly, this Bible study has been Just for me. Every single page. Every single word. God knew what He was doing- and He has been speaking to me from Day one. I am so thankful that God still speaks to us- No, not in an audible voice- but a still small sweet voice. Its unmistakeable- you Know its Him. He has dealt with me in the last few weeks and has given me the courage to make new Spiritual goals for Him.
Life is all about choices. "You are the Christian you decide to be"- I want to GROW...so that I can be full in Him- and share what He has taught me with Others. Spiritual Growth results in Ministry to Others.
Life is all about Priorities. Just this past Sunday- as I was sitting with a new military couple in church...I was thinking about what really matters. All through the service, I could feel the Holy Spirit speaking to me- telling me to be concerned about their Spritual Souls. I was going back in forth in my mind- with every excuse possible. "I can't talk to them after church, Lord, who will pick up my kids from the nursery?"- "Lord, I'm tired, I'm ready to go to my mom's and eat lunch- I really don't want to talk to them right now"----You know what is really important to me? Is it my hobby? Is it going shopping to find that perfect vase for my coffee table? Is it going to different bargain stores to find a perfect deal- or relaxing at home in my back yard? So many times- the Devil fills my life and mind with Things that don't matter to get me discouraged and busy.
These things are what matters. God. Myron. My Boys. Family. Ministry.
I want to live my life with those Priorities out in front of me- and if it doesn't fit in those categories- then I want to start weeding it out. Yes, its ok to have hobbies- read status updates on Facebooks- talk on the phone- watch movies- but if I am not keeping those Priorities in order- then thats when it becomes a hindrance to my spiritual growth.
Young Military couple? Well, the Lord orchestrated every single detail. He had my kids taken care of- and he had my husband right there to help me talk to them. After church, we all went to my husband's office- and that couple made the most important decision of their lives. They accepted Him.
The Lord spoke to Me that day. To Keep My priorities in the Right order- and to listen to His still small voice. What's really important in life? God. My Husband. My Boys. Family- and MINISTRY to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment