I am linking up with one of my favorite blogs, Kelly's Korner. Her topic today is to share what a typical day in your home is like.
My days are pretty much the same right now. And I love that. I use to be the kind of person/mom that wanted to have somewhere to go everday. Then, I had sweet lil Pierson, and everything changed. Its just too cold to lug those two sweethearts around, so I tend to just stay at home. We do go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays, and I take the boys to Naya's on Thursdays so I can teach piano for a few hours. Other than that, my boys stay at home in their cute little footed-pjs all day long. Bliss.
My boys usually get up around the same time. (They go to bed at the same time,too. Anywhere from 7:30-8.) So, my day most of the time starts about 7:30. I get Evan up first and he comes in my bedroom while I am feeding Pierson. Usually I am woken up to the sound of Evan screaming my name or Myrons. Pretty cute. After I feed Pierson, we head to the kitchen to get Evan's tummy full. I usually clean the kitchen, unload the dishwasher this time while Pierson is in his bouncy bouncing away.ha After breakfast, I let the two boys play a little bit. We usually sit with Evan while he plays trucks. Pierson goes back down around 8:45 and sleeps until about 11-11:45. Again, bliss.=)
During Pierson's first nap, Evan and I have "SCHOOL!!"....He loves it. We do pre-school type stuff...read books, sing, Bible story, puzzles, flashcards, colors, abc's, numbers, color....he is gonna be my star student!ha.ha. I also use this time to do Laundry in his room, while he plays trucks, or reads books. He loves to play with his trucks in the foyer. (thats whats going on right now.---its good blogging/email time for me.) I also use this time to catch up on cleaning or I might even sew or do some type of project around the house.
When Pierson gets up around 11:30-11:45, he gets fed, and then we all go to the kitchen for Evan's lunch. Myron comes home for lunch everyday but Monday, so he usually eats with Evan while I play with Pierson. Sometimes Pierson and I join them for lunch. Around 12:45 or 1...they BOTH go down for a nap....Oh what a Joy! They usually both sleep until around 4. What wonderful sleepers God has given me! (During this time, I have free time. I do my devotions, read magazines, ebay, craigslist, make phone calls etc. I also prepare supper.)
So at 4, I feed Pierson and have a little bit of one-on-one. Sometimes he gets up a little earlier than Evan...and we snuggle and laugh at each other. He such a precious lil man.
Evan gets up and watches something on tv..baby einstein or "Olivia" from Nick Jr. When its nice weather, I let Evan go outside while I get supper ready...and we wait for Daddy to come home.
Pierson goes back down right before supper. He sleeps during our supper and it gives me a chance to get the dishes done. =)
Daddy and Evan play hard when he gets home! Pierson is now awake and usually Myron entertains both while I get a few more things done. Such a nice husband!!
Bath for Pierson at 7...and then fed at 7:30....in bed by 7:45-8.
Myron gives Evan a bath around 7:15....7:30-devotions, story time, songs.....7:45-8-bed for Evan.
8:00....Me and Myron time/free time. We usually watch a movie, talk, or look at the internet together. Fun times.
I really do this same schedule just about everyday. Some nights, after the kids go to bed, I might go grocery shopping or out with some friends. This summer, I am sure my schedule/life will change because it will be warm and I will want to go the park and the pool. We are also starting a mom2mom group this summer/fall...so that will be a fun way to outreach and fellowship with other moms. This might not be for everyone, but I honestly love staying at home everyday. I thank the Lord and Myron for this opportunity to stay at home and take care of our home and our boys.
4 comments:
oh my GOODNESS! What beautiful boys you have! I clicked over from Kelly's Korner and just love your blog! :)
I have been a SAHM for the past 12 years, it is a true blessing to have a husband who wants his wife to stay home!
Sounds like a great day!
What a life, Julie!!! SOunds JUST like mine when my second baby came around...not that I have 3 for some reason I feel a little more unstable in my day to day routine!=) Nap is always at 1 and their bedtimes are always at 8 so that's a good start right?!? Actually, we have a new schedule on our fridge, and we're working on it to help with the flow of the day. Love you sweet friend! I've GOT to send you those clothes before lil' cutie chubs Pierson get's too big!=)
Post a Comment