Thursday, January 14, 2010

Myron + Julie = Forever


I met Myron almost 12 years ago. Our "story" is unique. Very unique. It started as a friendship for a few years...then eventually I guess I grew up..and he finally noticed me!! The first time I remember ever talking to Myron was when he spoke at our "CTS" training before church. Do yall remember CTS?? Anyway...he spoke on "Do you really love me?" from the book of John. I remember thinking...YES!!!ha Afterwards, I went up to him and told him he did a great job and that I would be praying for him. Odd..I guess..but it just came out. He said..I will pray for you, too. So..for a year or so whenever I would run into him, he would ask, "Are you keeping your promise...are you still praying for me?". The funny thing is that, yes, I did always pray for him, and I believe he prayed for me, too. Not in a "love" type way..but in a distant-type- friendship way.

My brother, Jonathan, and Myron were really good friends in college. In fact, Myron would come home with Myron alot and visit. I remember always having a secret "crush" on him, but never thought we would ever be together. Honestly, I always would tell people...If I don't marry Myron, I hope its someone JUST like him.

Over the next couple of years we were really good friends and it slowly developed into a "love" relationship. I am so glad that the Lord saw fit for me to meet Myron at a younger age. I believe it saved me from alot of heart breaks. Myron is the only man that I ever gave my whole heart to, said, "I love you", or even kissed!

Myron and I share a special relationship and I have loved every step of it. He is exactly what I need. I love his sense of humor and yet how serious he can be. I love the way he gets teary-eyed when talking of past memories of growing up at home, and yet I love how "manly" he can look in his camo with a bow and arrow at his side. I love his heart. He cares for people and he makes his wife and boys his priority. He is a very loyal person and never says a negative word about anyone or anything. He is a positive person and can see the good in any situation. He loves God and walks with Him daily. He has a heart for missions. He loves me and he loves being with me. He still loves to watch movies together and he still writes me Real cards! Yes, I married a wonderful man, and to God I am so thankful.

This summer, May 31st to be exact, will be 7 years that Myron and I have been married. Honestly, they have been the best 7 years of my life. Almost 7 years down..and a life time to go.

1 comment:

Donnie and Trudy Miles said...

So sweet, Julie! Love your pictures and your post. Love your heart and your priorities. Stay committed....keep your eyes on the Lord, and you're in for a wonderful life! It goes by so quickly. Love you all.