Monday, November 17, 2008

I am thankful for....

The cutest little face you ever did see.....
Yes, I am teething and I want to put everything it my mouth!

Evan's new toy....his "lounge" rocker. This can move up with him until he is a toddler and he likes to lounge in it when he is kind of tired right before his nap time. I take it in his room, and we turn on his favorite cd....and he loves to just sit in his chair and play with the little toys. You know how men are with "their chairs!".....


We had the privilege of hosting the East Coast Ladies Retreat this weekend....and it went so good! We had a little over 1200 ladies in attendance and 280 from our on church. I was overseeing the Pastors' and Missionaries' Wives Luncheon on Saturday....and boy am I glad it is over! I also had to sing, be a pregnant lady in a skit......and be a host to 2 visitors who were new to the retereat. So, it went really well and I am glad it is over. We are now in Revival with John Bishop..he also spoke at our Ladies Retreat. If you have never heard of him, go to http://www.godissogood.net/. He has an amazing story and you will be blessed by this man.
As I think about Thanksgiving approaching, I am thinking about all of the things that I am thankful for. I will be posting about some of these things and not in any particular order. I am thankful for Myron. He babysat Thursday-Saturday and loved every minute of it. I thought he might be ready for me to get my "duty" back to being wife and mom....but he said that he thought my job was easy!! I told him that during Evan's 2 2hour naps everyday I don't sleep and watch t.v......I blog!jk No, really I cook, clean, organize, and then I do play alittle too. But I do love my job...I really do. At times I think about my life before Evan...being a 3rd grade teacher and music teacher. I loved being a teacher and sometimes I even crave being back in that classroom. But, I would never ever trade this time with Evan for anything. The best job to me personally right now in my life is being a stay-at- home wife and mother. I am thankful for this blessing.
Our preacher's wife, Mrs. Brenda Patrick, challenged each lady to begin a "Thanksgiving Journal." I had started this about a year ago, but in the midst of having Evan in April somehow things got a little hectic and that was one of the things that I let go. (I regret that!) But, I am now back on track and I encourage you to start this. Everyday write something down that you are thankful for. Some days it might be something significant that God did for you....some days it might be something little....ask God to show you that He loves you in ways that are personal to you. If you LOOK for things to be thankful for...special blessings that God sends your way every day...you will find it. I do mine at night, so I can reflect on things that happened during that day. You will be surprised how this journal will change you and will make you have a thankful heart. It is also a great way to find ways to praise the Lord. The Lord deserves our praise....he wants to hear our needs and wants...but he also loves to hear his children praise Him. So start today......they say after 21 days it becomes a habit!
I am leaving you with a prayer request from our family. My Mamaw, my mom's mom, has had cancer for over 40 years. That statement in itself shows our family that God is an awesome God. He has blessed her with many years despite this horrible disease. Just recently, her cancer has returned in her spine. Last week was her first week of Chemo and she will have to endure this once a week for the entire year. If you knew my Mamaw, you would think to yourself, "what an amazing woman!" She is such a Godly woman and I am thankful for her example to me. My Papaw and Mamaw have faithfully served the Lord their entire lives....and even in their "retired" days...my Papaw still "fills" in at a church as their Pastor. Please join me in praying for my Mamaw that the Lord would once again heal her of her cancer. Also, say a prayer that they would be able to join our family for Christmas.

1 comment:

heidi said...

Julie, this was a beautiful post! I wish I could have gone to the Lady's meetings...sounds great! I will be praying for you Mamaw...what precious pictures of her and Evan!!! I love the idea about the giving thanks journal...I think I'll start one too. Miss you!