Thursday, October 9, 2008

Read My Lipstick Rally!! and Our Missions Conference....

Waiting in line for the rally....
We are training him right!
Waiting in the stadium for Sarah.....
Me and my sweet republican baby!
HERE SHE COMES!!!!




Me and my best friend from highschool/college....
He slept during part of the rally....
So Excited that we got to see her....

She turned to wave to us!!!

Yes, thats right....I got to go see Sarah Palin! To make a long story short...at first the tickets were sold out...but my husband insisted that we drive 1 hour to just try and get tickets when we get there. So Myron gave me 15 minutes to get me and Evan ready and we headed off to Greenville. As soon as we got there Myron started yelling, "Does anyone have an extra ticket?"....within 5 minutes we had 2 tickets!! The only bad thing is...we got there at 4 and thats when I heard that it started. Well, I was wrong..the gates OPENED at 4 and it started at 7! But thankfully, Evan did wonderful and he had fun being entertained with all of the people....over 10,000 to be exact! When she walked out I thought I was going to cry.....and she did so good. I am so thankful that we got to see her....hopefully we got to see the next VP!
Evan likes to touch Grandma's face....
Me and My friend Emily....she was my ultrasound tech with Evan.....

Thanks Aunt Bev for Evan's outfit from France...I had to dress him international!

Me and my other friend Emily Whitfield...
Getting food....


Miss Margaret Stringer...amazing woman!



Our pretty table....

I am so proud of Myron...he did a wonderful job with the conference!
These are from our Missions Conference.....on Saturday night we have a Missions Banquet where we get 35 table captains who are responsible for getting 10 people to sit at there table. Each table picks a country and a missionary to represent. We actually had 2 tables with 10 young couples. It was so much fun....we did the country of Indonesia to represent Miss Margaret Stringer (the speaker for the night) who was a missionary to the cannibals for over 40 years!! The Lord really blessed this conference and He used it to speak to many hearts.
I will post later on Evan's newest things....I am at my mom and dad's and need to get Evan in the bath tub....

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Wow! What an exciting and eventful post girly! I'm glad Evan is going to vote for Sarah ;-)