So we did green beans......
These weren't too fun to peel....
I'm sorry...but I do not like squash...maybe he will=)
These were the nightmare to peel....won't do these again.....=)
These were the easiest...just peel then puree.....I think I ended up with 3 trays of bananas.
This is just a sampling of what I ended up with....my freezer is full with this baby food! Hope he likes it or Me and Myron will have to eat it! Its so easy.....when its time to eat I just get out one or two cubes (1 cube = 1 ounce) and put in the microwave for like 20 seconds and then he eats it.
After being inspired by mom and some friends, I decided to try to make Evan's baby food to see if it would be something that I might continue to do. It really wasn't that bad, and it was kind of fun too. It made me feel like I was doing something productive and rewarding. I decided to get my information from the web site http://www.wholesomebabyfoods.com/. - This web site is very helpful and answered any questions that I might have. After I put Evan to bed on Monday night, I went to Wal-Mart and didn't get home until 10 pm. It was so much easier doing our weekly grocery shopping without Evan although he does make it more fun and interesting! I came home with alot of fresh produce including sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, pumpkin, pears, peaches, bananas, and plums. The next morning I started the process, and it just took a couple of hours. We will see if I continue to do it, and if Evan likes it. All we have tried so far is butternut squash and sweet potatoes. He seems to really like the squash but not too crazy about the sweet potatoes. We will start adding different types of vegetables and then fruits to his cereal next week and I am sure he will like that!
1 comment:
Great pictures, Julie. I used to do the same thing with all my boys (starting with Darin) using the book, "Feed Me, I'm Yours". I also used frozen food. It's alot of work, but well worth the extra effort and money-saving too, I'm sure. Hope to see you all soon!
Post a Comment