Monday, January 24, 2011

Mama, I wanna "Pow" Sin

Evan is such a unique little boy. He is so much fun to be around, and we love being his mom and dad. Every now and then he gets himself in a little trouble. Usually its about Pierson getting his "toys." I'm sure these moments are shaping his character. (someone please tell me its worth it!ha)
Last night, while the boys were taking their baths upstairs, I decided to go through a small box in my spare room. I found some "child evangelism" things and I got so excited. (school teacher alert!) I immediately picked out my "wordless book" and showed it to the boys. They loved to look at each color and Evan was especially listening very closely. I got to the Black page and talked about Sin--its the bad things we do. I could tell he was trying to process it all with his 2 year old little mind, but I didn't think he was getting it. UNTIL-
Until- he started being ugly to Pierson in the bathtub immediately after I just told him the story of the "Wordless book." I knew it was the perfect opportunity to tell him about Sin again, so I got my wordless book back out and explained. (well, after he got a spanking. Naya, believe me, he deserved it.)
I put Pierson to bed and then came to dry off Evan. While I was putting his pj's on, I wanted to talk about the wordless book a little more. I said, "Evan, do you remember what sin is?" He said, "Yes, mom its bad things!" (with that cute little scrunched up face) Then he looked at me with that little "Evan face" and said, "Momma- I don't like sin." "I wanna POW SIN!" He makes me laugh. It was one of those sweet moments as a mom though. It was a big day for Evan.
Evan learned what "sin" is--yes, he's heard the word, and yes, he has "sinned!"- ALOT.ha But, he realized that Sin is Bad and he also wants to "fight" it. I hope that always stays with Evan.
Evan has the potential to be a leader. He could pull little boys and girls the right way or the wrong way. I just pray that he will always remember that Sin is Bad and that he will be a good, Spiritual Leader- and that he will always have the desire to "Pow Sin!"

1 comment:

heidi said...

O I LOVE it!!!! That is precious! I need to make another wordless book...great tool to use! Your boys are so sweet, it's so fun to explain to them the Bible, hoping their little minds will grasp it, and it's amazing just how much they understand! Makes me wanna go 'POW' some sin too, Evan!=)