Typically, I have done my devotions later on during the day during their nap times or after they go to bed. But now that my boys have been sleeping in later, it will be much easier for me to get up early and do my devotions then! Yay for sweet sleepers!
Myron and I have decided to do this as a couple this year. We will keep each other accountable and discuss it at nights. I am excited so he can explain some things when we get to 1 and 2 Kings!=)
3. Have a rountine cleaning schedule.
I have recently found an awesome deep-cleaning-weekly schedule, and it has been working great! It will be hard for a few weeks, but after it all gets deep-cleaned, it will be much easier to maintain!
Myron and I are blessed with an awesome marriage. He is so much fun to be married to, and I still get those butterflies when I see him. I think moms understand this, but sometimes its easy to put the needs of my boys first. I continually try to remember that Myron is first and the boys are 2nd. So thankful for my "One and Only" boyfriend and husband......I want to do better this year at making everyday a special day for him! (did I mention that he is such an awesome daddy and helps me around the house? honestly, I have the best husband around! Oh, and he is so stinkin' cute!)
Just recently, Myron and I were praying together, and he prayed something that touched me. He prayed something about "Julie's ministry to our boys". Wow. He sees my job as a ministry. And It is just that. A ministry. I struggle with saying "yes" to other responsibilities and opportunities too much.....but if it takes the place of my boys or too much time away from them- I must learn to say no. I love ministry work. But, my "ministry" work with my boys comes FIRST!
I play with my boys alot. I read to them, I wrestle with them, I play cars and trains and giggle with them. But I want to do that EVEN more this year. They are growing up too fast, and I don't want to miss a single second.
Evan and I do school things, but I want to get 3 year old Abeka curriculum and start school with him officially. I am super excited that I get to be a teacher! I might just do a bulletin board! (ok, I'm kidding here)
I have been making some changes in my iternet time lately. I honestly believe, its one of my biggest time wasters. Well it was. I recently was without my laptop for a while because it was in the shop and I realized how much more I can get done without it. Now, it wasn't like I was playing games or really wasting too much time doing nothing on the computer. However, I love to search for deals- read blogs that I can learn from and be inspired by.....But social sites and other time-waster-sites I want to limit my time. Blogging is important to me, so I will definitely keep journaling about my boys and life so we can always have these memories.
I love snail mail! Don't you? I love to look for people in need on Sundays and try to write a card to them that week. The only problem is too many times I forget! I want to do better in this area! What a difference an encouraging word can make!
Myron is an assitant pastor at our church and wears so many hats. Well, my heart is too help him as much as possible and be his "helpmeet." We love our SS class and I want to do even better this year in my efforts to reach young couples for Christ. I also want to continue to work hard in my Mom2Mom group! I want to pass out more tracts---be a better soulwinner! What a blessing it is to serve the Lord!
I want to do my best to have a new or newer family in our home once a month. This will be hard because of our busy schedule, and maybe I should try for 1 every 2 months, but I will try! I want to tell more people about Jesus this year---and one way to share his love is to share it by having people in your home.
I am so excited because at our m2m meeting on Tuesday we are going to study Time Management. The teacher in me loves order and to do things right by the curriculum. So, I want to get our lives in a better order and make the Scott Home an even happier one! A Home that we all love to come home too! I want to have our meals planned by the week. I want to coupon more to save us money. And I want to have my house clean at all times. (ok I'm joking on that one) Really, I love organization and I want to be better at it.
There is my bucket list. Well, at least a few from my list. I have some big goals this year. I want to make some big changes and I want to know get to know God like never before!!!
So, what's on your bucket list?
3 comments:
I found your personal blog from your nesting blog. Wow. you are amazing and we share so many of the same bucket list items. I pray for your closeness to the Lord and the ability to stay focused. thanks for sharing!
http://jackieandtina.blogspot.com
I have many of the same goals on my list! I'm especially trying to work on my internet time...I waste too much time on it. It really is amazing how much you can get done with the computer off. Now if I can only find the self-control to do that! :)
Loved reading your latest blog on "your bucket list". Thanks for sharing :)
Suzan Raper
Post a Comment