Hey Yall....I love riding in mom's laundry basket.
i know i am cute
wow this tastes really good
ok mom enough pics
look at my old man pjs
now i have my own laptop
Evan is just into everything right now. His favorite place to go is my bathroom. He can hardly stand it when he is almost there....he starts panting really loud and squealing. (Evan, its just a bathroom!) Anyway, he thinks the shiny knobs to the cabinets are the most fascinating things ever. He looks and looks.....i figured out that he can see himself in them. Also, he wants to open the drawers and then pull up on them to see if he can reach the highest drawer possible. He also loves to pull up on my tub. I want him to learn new things and be able to explore......but I also don't want my bathroom to be his favorite playroom.
Just to give you a little hint on how well Evan is crawling and how much is into EVERYTHING...I have a little story that makes me...well-not look like the best mom on the block...but oh well. Evan and I were in his room and I was putting away some of his clean clothes and he was playing with his toys and I left the room just for a few seconds....to my room and back...and well, he wasn't there! Well, your first thought is...the RAPTURE...no wait, I am going too! So....I looked in his closet..no Evan...in the guest bathroom....no Evan...in the Laundry room....Yes Evan....Great. Wait..not so great. We let Macy (our 6 year old Jack Russell daughter..well step-daughter now) sleep in there at night. So...you guessed it...dog food everywhere. Evan had gotten INTO the DOG FOOD!! UGGHHHH!!! GROOOSSS!! Well, I tried not to panic......he is a boy..and boys will be boys...but I just couldn't take it! I took him to his room..searched his mouth. No dog food. Yes! I still was a pretty good mom...he didn't do much harm. I simply reminded myself...DO NOT LEAVE EVAN for more than 2 seconds or he will get into something. Later on...I noticed that he was "chomping" on something....well, I looked again and there was the nasty dirty round piece of dog food. GROSS AGAIN! I quickly grabbed the first thing I could find which was his baby wipes and wiped out his mouth as fast as I could. (not a pretty process) AT least, it hadn't dissolved or crumbled. He has just started eating finger foods....and his favorite are puffs. They look alot like Macy's dog food...so He was probably thinking..."yes, I found some puffs!". Poor baby. Mommy learned a lesson....and hopefully baby did too. I could just hear Myron saying.....I ask you to just do ONE simple thing...take Care of our baby Evan and you let him Eat DOG FOOD! But no, thats not what he said. He laughed and said in that macho-proud-daddy-kind of way...Good Job, Son...your gonna be TOUGH! It was just one of those days that you really don't want to repeat again.
4 comments:
So cute! Love the pj's. When they start movin', they really start moving. How old is Evan. He and our Isabella are close in age I think:)
Hey Girl...I hope everything is going good! Evan is almost 9 months old...on the 22nd. Praying for your family's ministry in Canada!
That is the funniest story! I'm sure it'll happen again :-) Evan is just paving the way for Colt.
haha...love it! All I can say is..there will only be more stories. I too wonder what is with the bathroom love??!! My boys always loved the bathroom & to throw anything and everything into the toilet! When I saw the title I started laughing...fun memories!
Post a Comment