Almost ready to crawl!

My first time with a Christmas tree!

This is what he starts to do when he sees the flash come on.....he is so funny!

ok mom, that is enough!

Cute little reindeer..

These pictures are from Thanksgiving....what a great time we had with Myron's family and my family. I truly thank God for our wonderful families!
Aunt Jen and Evan are buddies....


Evan playing with his daddy....

Evan sitting on Grandma Lila's counter...
My first time with a Christmas tree!
This is what he starts to do when he sees the flash come on.....he is so funny!
ok mom, that is enough!
Cute little reindeer..
These pictures are from Thanksgiving....what a great time we had with Myron's family and my family. I truly thank God for our wonderful families!
Aunt Jen and Evan are buddies....
Giving Uncle Jon Jon some sugar.....melissa couldn't be here because she had worked that night.

Evan and his daddy

Me and evan having a good time

Aunt Ashly and her "sugar bear"

He loves giving Uncle Jason kisses
Evan and his daddy
Me and evan having a good time
Aunt Ashly and her "sugar bear"
He loves giving Uncle Jason kisses
Evan playing with his daddy....
Evan sitting on Grandma Lila's counter...
It seems like last week Evan learned more in a week than I can remember. I am so thankful to be able to stay at home so I want miss one little new thing! Evan can do patty-cake now for anyone that ask....by-bye....smacking...(its so cute...he looks like an old man before he smacks with his lips)...he can drink out of his juicy cup without any help from momma....and he says..."aaaa"- well this morning he said "ga" but I don't know if that counts for talking!ha He is also scooting around. He would rather sit up and play and he is not too interested in learning how to crawl...so I guess it will come soon enough!
my mom just got her house painted.....she would want me to explain why there is no decorations up yet!
How many of you feel overwhelmed right now? I am overly stressed and yet I am blogging!ha From tomorrow until the Next Tuesday we have something every night that we have to be at(Christmas canta practice tues, thursday, sat...performance sat and sunday, my piano recital on thursday, and the Adult Christmas banquet monday!) Now don't get me wrong, I love Christmas time...but oh, sometimes the overwhelming schedule can get me a little stressed! I have to remind myself of the meaning for this season.....celebrating Jesus' birth. I want Evan to always know that this is Jesus' birthday not just a time to receive presents for ourselves....some people totally leave Jesus out of His own birthday party!
(Myron on his parents couch...enjoying some extra time with Evan)

Evan on his first hunting trip....there were 6 deer in my parents back yard!


Evan on his first hunting trip....there were 6 deer in my parents back yard!


I have a lot of new goals that I am thinking about for the new year. Some of them are very exciting and scary as me and my husband will venture out to new things and responsibilities( a new young couples sunday school class/ and a mom2mom group....myron's 2 missions trips to India and Africa)....and some of them are small, but big to me. My main goal is to be the best wife to Myron and mom to Evan that I can be. I have learned that when I became a mom...the instant Evan was born, "I" doesn't matter so much anymore. So why not go ahead and be thinking about what you would like to do different this next year or maybe something that will enable you to do more for the Lord. My desire is to be a good stay-at-home wife and mom, to use every moment of the day wisely. Evan takes 2 long naps (2-3 hours a piece) each day (which I am very thankful for!) and that is a lot of extra time that I can either use for myself or use for the Lord. My goal this next year is to do something for the Lord each day by taking extra time to do things for others.....send a card, say a prayer, bake some cookies, make a visit......or taking more time for myself in a Spiritual way....spending more time in Bible Reading and Prayer, reading good Christian books on parenting and marriage.....or by finding ways to make my home better by making sure the house is always nice and neat=), finding ways to save money and be frugal, making it a happy place that my husband and children can enjoy. Just because I now stay at home doesn't mean that I can't have a "ministry" anymore. Pray for me, its tempting to "waste" my time on things I want to do for myself....and I know its ok to do some things for myself....but I want my "works" to not burn up like hay or stubble....but to be like gold that last for eternity.







1 comment:
Hey Julie!
It was so good to hear from you a while back. So sorry that I have not written sooner. Life has been crazy lately.
Evan is so cute! I think he looks alot like Myron. Sarah told me that you had a baby when she was here in the summer. We really enjoyed getting to know them, and they were such a great help with our VBS and revival.
Sounds like you all are keeping really busy. I loved all the pictures of your Thanksgiving . Keep in touch! I'm going to add you to my bloglist, so I'll keep up better.
Post a Comment