Friday, December 19, 2008

Evans not a baby anymore.....=(


Mommy and her favorite Christmas present....so thankful.

Doing his trick...strong man

So sweet

Well, Evan is growing up too fast for me! Everyday he is learning something new, and I feel like he is such a big boy now. Myron and I had to lower his crib yesterday, and that has just made me so sad. Everytime I go in his nursery, I am reminded that the next step is now a toddler bed. I miss those days when he was in a little basket-sized bassinet beside my bed. BUT, I am thankful for good sleep.=) I went into his room a couple of days ago, and there he was...sitting up in his bed. (that was before we lowered his bed) So, after I about had a heart attack....I called Myron and told him that we better lower that bed during his lunch break. That little stinker(evan I am talking about!)......when I lay him down for his naps...if he is not really tired yet...he will just plop right up and do patty-cakes! He is just too cute...but that little game gets old.....so you know the "stern" mommy comes out...and well, he goes to bed. And then, when I leave his room...and he is laying down...a smile comes across my face because that little boy just melts my heart. We have Christmas tonite with my mom's side....minus my Mamaw and Papaw. Pray for them....My Mamaw is struggling with cancer right now and having to go through Chemo so they were unable to be with us this year....we miss them and its not the same without them. Love you, Mamaw and Papaw.
This is how I found him.....
He likes the bed lowered.....he thinks he is in jail...he puts his little nose right up to the bars and smiles at me.

There he is peeking at me...
I love him.
Here is a video of my little stinker laughing at me....

1 comment:

heidi said...

He is so sweet! Love that video! I know what you mean about 'being mommy', looking at that little face, and then smiling as you walk away. They are so precious! Nothing like having babies!!!=)