It seems like the word "Resentment" has been around me a lot lately. One of the books I am reading, talks about it in depth. Also, Myron's lesson yesterday in our SS class was from 1 Corinthians 13- "thinks no Evil"- which means Resentment towards another (or a situation). We have been tearing apart 1 Corinthians 13 for several weeks now. It has been eye-opening.
With each situation in life- we can either choose to be thankful or choose to be resentful.
What is Resentment? a negative emotion felt towards something (or someone) as a result of a real or imagined wrong doing. Also some synonyms are bitterness, anger, hatred.
Think about it.
So something doesn't go your way at work- maybe you didn't get the promotion you wanted. Are you going to be resentful or thankful?
Maybe one of your friends seems to have it all together and maybe you (we) don't? Are you to be thankful for them or resentful towards them?
You have a chronic illness or a disease. Maybe its a physical pain that no one really even knows about. Will you choose thankfulness over resentment?
Resentful is such an ugly word. I even hate to type it. But, I have seen it in my own life without even knowing it was even there. Being resentful will always hurt you. You are the one it will destroy.
True (Agape) Love doesn't have room for that ugly word.
When things don't exactly go how I plan, when my relationship with others are confusing, or when I don't understand the "pain" that was given to me in life- I hope I can choose to be thankful instead of Resentful.
Such a hard process.
Gift #2- Situations in life that haven't exactly gone my way. These "situations" have given me the opportunity to choose to be thankful and love or to choose to be resentful. I want to work on choosing thankfulness every time.
"You have to have darkness in your life to be able to fully see the Light"
No comments:
Post a Comment