Monday, August 31, 2009

New Things at 16 months!


(
evan loves to climb on our couch...I was trying to get him to do some of his signs..and of course he wouldn't...he was too interested in scary his mommy by doing flips off the couch!)

Evan is already 16 1/2 months and doing so many new things lately. I really want to be able to remember all of these things one day...and because I don't journal in hand-written form...I like to use this as my own personal journal.....

Evan..this is what you are up to at 16 1/2 months: *Probably my favorite thing that you have done this month is say the word, "Jesus"...its not just special because of the Person behind the name, but they way you say it makes it so cute. You have a little lisp and you almost spit when you say it...It sounds more like "Je-thus"....You love to say it for everyone at church as well as "Bible."

*This month your appetite has grown even more....Just this week for breakfast you had 2 eggs, 2 pieces of cinnamon toast, a banana, and glass of milk!! Me and your daddy say all the time how you eat more than us! I am happy that you are a big eater...even if it means getting a 2nd job!ha

*This month you have shown more independance...sometimes this is good..sometimes its bad=) You love playing on our church's daycare playground...climbing the steps and sliding all by yourself. You are a big boy! You also have started doing this whining noise when me or your daddy tell you "no"! Don't think we are letting you get away with this..we are trying to fix it, Mister! You have started saying No and shaking your head and doing the sign no with your hand when mommy tells you no. (not to be ugly...just to show mommy that you understand)

*You love shoes (a boy after your momma's heart)...you love to wear them all day..even if we are just inside. You will bring them to me and sign please...then you go dance on the hardwood floors to hear the noise they make.

*You are trying to say everything we do. You love to repeat words and you have added so many words to your vocabulary this month...the big ones being Jesus and Nana!! Nana sounds more like "Ya-Na"..but it will work=) Other names that you have said are "Boo-Boo" (aunt jen), "Jason", "jon-jon", "grandpa" and "macy"...you try at everything and although some words might not be perfect..your mommy thinks they are.

*This month I have really been amazed at how you can understand what we tell you to do...."take this to daddy"..."lets go get your bath"..."bring me your shoes"...."lets go fix your hair"...you love to please mommy and daddy and try to obey. (lets keep it like that!)

*You love people...familiar ones and strangers! Last Sunday at church as we walked down the aisle to go to Tot-Town...you gave each person sitting on the aisle a high-five...they loved that...I hope you always be friendly to everyone. When we meet new people at church..I always say, "Evan be friendly and wave"...and you love to wave at people. Also, when I picked you up from nursery one time this month, they told me that you had been kissing the girls all night!!

*You are a WONDERFUL shopper and love to be out shopping with mommy in your seat in the cart...you love to wave at strangers and point to things and tell me what they are. You can't stand it if you are trying to talk to someone and they don't happen to see you...you try everything you can to get their attention!

*You are still such a great sleeper! 2 big naps during the day (2 hours a piece) and you sleep 10-12 hours at night! Someone asked me yesterday if you were always that good when they saw us shopping..and I thought about it..and yes, evan, so far you have been the dream baby! (does that mean that it will all come out when you are a teenager?) By the way, you still love your paci but when mommy asked you to leave it in your bed when you wake up you always look at me sad..but you finally pull it out of your mouth and throw it in the bed and reach for me. You also love any soft blanket and your soft teddy bear....you hug that bear anytime you see it.

*You love to play with your toys and have become really independant this month while playing with your toys. You have become really "busy"...and can play up to 2 hours without needing me. You are such the daredevil and love to climb on the couches and chairs. One day this week I walked in your room and you were in your rocking chair rocking back and forth! Also, this week you pushed your fire truck up to the refrigerator so you could reach the button that dispenses water....sure enough if was all over you and the floor! You know how to get off of Mommy's bed and the couch without falling, and you love to jump on the bed when I let you!

*You are your daddy's #1 fan...as soon as you hear the garage door come up when he comes from work...you run and wait for him the door. As soon as you see him you yell "Da-da"...also, every morning when you get up, you love to run in mommy and daddy's room and get in their bed and watch the buck dvd. You come in the room and point to the tv and reach for the bed...sometimes if you sleep in..we are already up..but you love it if you get up early and its not time for us to get up yet....thats your favorite! (and ours too) Your favorite part is the first part of the dvd..the trailor. After this part is over, you hold the remote up to the tv and sign please....you also "get your guns out" and say- "pow-pow" and "buck-buck" when you are watching the video. After you have watched about 10 minutes...you sign to me "eat"....so you get down and run to the refrigerator and wait until I get there to get your milk! (we are not spoiling you, are we?)



*Something funny to me that you have started doing is: when you really want something or need something really bad...you call me by saying "Mi-Mi-Mi"....in one of those desperate voices! Its hard for me not do whatever you want when you do that! Last night when I dropped you off at tot-town...you hugged my legs for a little while..but then I told you to go play with your buddy Eli in the clubhouse! You ran over there...and right before I left, I looked at you (which I try not to do) and you just waved bye-bye to me! That was a big step for you...and I am glad you did it...but it reminds me of how fast you are growing up! Also, when I pick you up from tot-town...you get so excited when you see me..and shout, "Ma-ma!!" You run to me and give me a big hug!! I love it!



*You still continue to do many tricks...you love to do "strong-man"...and you also love to put your arms in the air and wait for us to tickle you. You love to dance and you love to do any trick you can to get people to watch you!

*You weigh around 28 pounds...and you are close to 37 inches tall...they say you will be tall. You are in size 4 diaper and you wear 18 month - 2T clothing. You wear a size 5-6 in shoes! You love to brush your teeth every morning and night..and you do the sign for hand sanitizer every day! You like to be clean, I guess!ha You have the blondest hair and the bluest eyes....such a pretty, i mean handsome, little boy!

*Right now your favorite toys are your "popper" (you pushh it and it pops really loud), bowling set, blocks, spoons and tupperware, your firetruck, your little tikes cozy coupe car, any type of ball, "macy", and your books. You also love to ride your 4wheeler...and love to play outside and look for the "rabbits"--said in your whisper voice!

I could go on forever...but these things are special things that I want you know about one day. Being your mom and your daddy's wife are the best things that I could ever be or dream to be! I love you baby boy!

(I will have tons of pictures to post...but the bed is calling me...and baby boy #2 is kicking like we are in a boxing match...so I need to get us both settled down!!..11 weeks to go..sugar test tomorrow=( ....)

1 comment:

trudymiles said...

Great post, Julie. Love to hear all about little Evan. He sure is a cutie!