Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I love this Age!!

This is such a fun age....Evan is like a little sponge...just soaking up all he can learn everyday. I cannot tell you how much I love staying at home with Evan. I would eat beans and rice everyday just to be with him...I don't want to miss a thing! (well...maybe not...but i still love being with him) This is video of Evan dancing in Outback....he is so funny. He loves to Dance!


Evan is doing so many new things everyday! Yesterday he started nodding his head "no".....after he got a little spanking. I just hope he doesn't start doing this after I tell him to do something! ( i am sure he will=) )

I can't believe how much Evan loves to read. We honestly read close to 20-25 books a day...and that is by his choice. To be totally honest, sometimes I just feel like throwing the books out the window!ha I don't always feel like stopping what I am doing to read to him, but you know...he won't always want me to do that...so I will enjoy it while I can. He is obsessed with books and brings them to me and wants me to read them to him right then! Seriously, I love that he loves his books and I can't believe how much he is learning from his books. As soon as he gets up in the morning, he runs to get his favorite book ("First 100 Words"- that aunt jen jen gave him) and takes it to me or Myron....All the words and animal sounds that he says or makes he has learned from books. I also just recently bought him his first set of flashcards. (the teacher coming out of me) They are the alphabet, shapes, and animals. To me, they are like mini books, and he loves it when we look at them. My friend's mom just recently bought her baby the reading system, "My Baby Can Read." (the system is over 200 dollars!!) Honestly, I am not crazy about Evan reading at 18 months (ha,ha) and I don't approve of the way they teach them to read (by sight)...but I am impressed by the words that it has taught her to say. I am borrowing a few of the dvd's/flashcards for our long trip to West VA on Thursday....I will have to let you know what I think. I say, Let a kid be a kid...but if he enjoys it...then I also say...let him learn=) No matter if Evan loves books or loves to read when he gets older....I am positive (because he has already told me!) that my husband will make sure that Evan loves his sports MORE!!ha,ha This is a video of Myron reading to Evan his another of his favorites....Bye,Bye Bottle....watch him roar like a lion, say ball, and bye-bye. I think the funniest thing is Myron's song that he made up at the end!!!


He also started using a fork! For the past few weeks I would put the food on there and hand it to him and he would do fine that way. But I decided to let him have his own fork...and he is doing pretty good. Wow, it does get messy though.


The last few videos will just be of things Evan has learned lately...or things we have been up to. I take alot of videos and I would love to share them all...but they take so long to upload.....we leave Thursday to visit Myron's parents and family in West VA...

This is a video of Evan with his 2nd cousins...Emilee and Lissy....He LOVES them to pieces. He has been saying pa-pa for a while...but recently starting "pop-pop" when he wants a popsicle. He will run to the freezer and say pop-pop! so cute....Pa-pa starting giving evan pop-pops when he was just a teeny-tiny little thing...and those are his 2 favorite things...pa-pa...and pop=pops!

evan showing please...blowing sugar, and saying quack-quack.

2 comments:

trudymiles said...

Great pictures and videos! Evan sure is growing up! Maybe before he graduates I'll be able to see him again!

heidi said...

Oh my soul, I'm in love with these little videos of Evan!!! He is such a smartie & sooooo cute!!! Myron's song had me totally laughing! Love it!