Friday, September 5, 2014

Pierson Reese and Homeschool


We had Pierson signed up for K4 at Evan's school. In the state of AZ, kindergarten and up you can get scholarships and tax credits! But since Pierson was in K4, we couldn't yet get the help we needed! It would cost 450 a month! After I turned down the 2-day-a-week teaching job at the school, we pulled him out just a few weeks before school started. We prayed about it, and felt like homeschool was the answer. 
Pierson is my hardest child to figure out. He so unique and keeps me guessing on what his likes are and how he thinks. He's loveable yet he doesn't love affection. But, he really does. Lol He just shows it differently! I'm so thankful that we have this extra one-on-one time together. It really has made our relationship even stronger!
Time is definitely his love language. The more time I spend with him, the more he will let me love on him! We had a blast this week swimming together. It's kind of funny, but he actually pushed me in while I was on FaceTime with mom! Luckily, I threw my phone into the grass while I was falling! lol 
He is my early riser. Up and dresses by 6:15 most days. As soon as Evan leaves, we start school. (7:30) Thankfully, I can get most of it done before Cohen gets up. He's my late sleeper! I've LOVED every minute of homeschool. We chose 3 different curriculums and he's doing all Kindergarten work! I will still let him go to K-5 next year, but I wanted to push him a little because I knew he could do it. He's doing awesome!

I'm so thankful we obeyed the Lord and chose this path this year. In my heart, I wanted to take the job, I love teaching! But instead I traded it for a job with no pay but a huge reward.... Homeschooling my middle child! 

No comments: