I couldn't let this day go by without remembering my sweet Mamaw on her 81st birthday---her first birthday in heaven! She is so special to me, and was such a big encourager to me. I miss her sweet emails, and her "response" to every single blog post that I wrote.
Last year, we had a really big birthday party for her! Complete with balloons, birthday cakes, special gifts--I remember being alittle sad, though, thinking how that would be her last birthday on earth. We all knew it- and she did, too. But, she never stopped smiling. Never!
Last year's birthday was also special, because we never got to spend a birthday with her! Since she lived in Alabama, we were never with her on her birthday! I'm so glad that we all were there for her special day.
I think about her alot these days. I want to make her proud of me--and I have her notes up where I can read them because she was such a big encourager to me. She always made me feel good about what kind of job I was doing as a mother or "preacher's wife"--even though I was so unsure. She was the best example to me in every way!
I know my Papaw misses her---especially today! They were best friends and you didn't see one without the other! But, I'm not going to end this post sad--she would never want me to do that!
Think about what kind of birthday party she had today! I know it was better than we could have ever planned! One day we will see her again--and I can't wait!!
I also am so excited that Cohen Jack should be here in 1 week. Jack is my Papaw's name and I wanted to honor my Mamaw by naming our 3rd son after them. I told her that before she died--and I can still see her sweet smile. (well, after she got rid of the frown to hear that I wasn't having a girl!haha--if you know her--you can just see her face now!)
Happy Birthday, Mamaw! I know that one day we will celebrate it together!





No comments:
Post a Comment